This procedure demonstrates how to configure the McAfee Personal Firewall Plus by (a) giving WinMX full internet access rights, and (b) adding a specific System Service rule. These rules will allow WinMX to operate both Secondary and Primary connections correctly.
1. Right-click the McAfee Personal Firewall icon in the system tray and select Options.
2. The McAfee Personal Firewall Options window opens, select the System Services tab.
3. Click Add... to add a new system service.
4. Enter the details as shown below...
Note: If you've chosen to use ports different from the defaults in WinMX (TCP 6699 & UDP 6257), then you'll need to reflect those differences here.
5. Click OK. This returns you to the System Services window. You should now have a newly created rule for WinMX...
6. Click OK to exit.
9. To manually add WinMX.exe to McAfee's list of authorised applications, right-click the McAfee Personal Firewall icon in the system tray and select View Applications. WinMX will either not show in the applications list, or show as BLOCKED. If WinMX is blocked then simply highlight it and choose the Allow Full Access option to allow it. If WinMX doesn't show in the list, click the New Allowed Application option, and browse to the location on your hard drive where WinMX.exe is installed (the default installation location is C:\Program Files\WinMX\WinMX.exe).
10. WinMX.exe will now be added to McAfee's list of authorised applications. Check to make sure it shows as Allow Full Access in the list...
11. Finished! Exit all menus, WinMX should now be green to go.